Yes! There are many point of care or reference alternatives that AHS staff members can access from work or from home.
Looking for clinical topics and answers?
- DynaMed - Evidence-based clinical decision support for all health care staff written by physicians.
- Lippincott Advisor - Evidence-based information to support nursing practice at the point of care.
Looking for guidance of skills and procedures?
- Lippincott Procedures - Step-by-step guidance, covering nursing, physical therapy and respiratory therapy procedures and skills.
Looking for drug information?
- Lexicomp - Comprehensive drug information with several specialty collections and resources (Trissel's IV-Check, Briggs Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation, Martindale, ect.)
- Micromedex - Comprehensive drug information and clinical decision support tools, including specialty poisoning and toxicology resources.
- Natural Medicines - Authoritative resource that provides information on dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary alternative and integrative therapies.
- CPS - Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS) is the Canadian standard for drug monographs.