Answered By: KRS Archive Last Updated: Feb 06, 2015 Views: 175
Natural Standard and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database have merged into a new and improved natural medicine resource called Natural Medicines. It provides a wealth of information on dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies.
Natural Medicines combines the best features and functionality from both Natural Standard and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, as well as new clinical features that were not available before, including:
- Evidence-based monographs: Get scientific information and ratings for over 1000 natural ingredients and alternative therapies.
- Commercial Product Ratings: Detailed information and evidence-based ratings for over 90,000 dietary supplement products.
- Interaction Checker: Prevent potentially dangerous drug-supplement combinations.
- Effectiveness Checker: Find out what works and what doesn't for any medical condition.
- Nutrient Depletion Checker: See what nutrients are depleted by drugs and when a supplement might be needed.
- Adverse Effects Checker: Select any symptom or side effect and get a list of natural medicines that have evidence to suggest that they might cause that side effect.
- Pregnancy and Lactation Checker Select any natural medicine and instantly find out the evidence-based safety rating for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Have feedback about the new look? Natural Medicines welcomes your comments and suggestions.