Answered By: KRS Answers Last Updated: Apr 02, 2018 Views: 51
Following extensive review, and to facilitate integration of nursing references and procedures within Connect Care, Knowledge Management, in collaboration with Health Professionals Strategies & Practice (HPSP), is introducing Lippincott Advisor & Lippincott Procedures effective April 2nd, 2018.
What does that mean for you?
- As of April 1, 2018 Nursing Reference Center Plus will no longer be available via the Knowledge Resource Service website (KRS)
- Lippincott Advisor & Lippincott Procedures will now be the AHS-endorsed point of care tool offering quick answers to your clinical questions and step-by-step procedural guidance to help you use current evidence in your practice. Read more about the announcement and related FAQs.
- With increased content, ease-of-use and potential for further customization to align with AHS practices and Connect Care, Lippincott Advisor & Lippincott Procedures are the next generation of nursing point-of-care tools
- Using both resources, you will have:
- 24/7 access to 3,800 evidence-based entries on topics such as diseases, diagnostic tests, drugs, signs and symptoms, treatments, core measures, hospital-acquired conditions, and patient care plans
- 24/7 access to 1,600 evidence-based nursing procedures and skills online
- Quick lists for high-level overviews
- Detailed visuals, including full-colour art and video clips, which let you see proper technique first hand
What do I need to do right now?
- Access to NRC Plus content, including saved documents in your EBSCO account folders, will no longer be available after March 31, 2018. We recommend you note the topics you have bookmarked/saved as core resources from Nursing Reference Center Plus, and as of April 2, look for similar topics within Lippincott Advisor & Lippincott Procedures. We are confident you will find equitable, if not additional, content to meet your needs.
- Nursing Reference Center Plus content that you have saved under "My Folder" can be saved, emailed, printed, or exported to a citation manager using the menu options available on the left hand column.
- If you have downloaded the Nursing Reference Center Plus mobile app, note that you will not be able to re-authenticate to retain access. We recommend that you download the Lippincott Advisor and/or Lippincott Procedures apps when they launch April 2.
- Read more about the announcement and stay tuned for further training opportunities to support your transition to Lippincott Advisor & Lippincott Procedures.
If you have any questions regarding this change contact Carol Connolly, Director, Knowledge Resource Service (KRS) at email@example.com.
If you have any professional practice questions related to this change, please contact the professional practice consultation services (PPCS) at firstname.lastname@example.org