The Nursing Reference Center Plus app is available as a free download from the iTunes App store and Google Play and allows for quick, on-to-go answers to your clinical questions. It offers the best available and most recent clinical evidence.The mobile app provides offline access to select content from NRC, including:
- Clinically organized quick lessons
- Evidence-based care sheets
- Skill competency checklists
- Nursing practice and skills
- Automatically save 25 most recent searches
Nursing videos are also available through the app when device is online. Within the app you can bookmark your frequently used topics, add notes, and email content to yourself or colleagues.
Before you start
If you have the Nursing Reference Center app installed on your device, you must uninstall it before installing the Nursing Reference Center Plus app.
Note: Once it is authenticated, the app can be used for nine months, after which you must send yourself a new authentication key from the NRC Plus interface. The authorization email can be used on up to three devices.
- Access NRC from an AHS/Covenant Health computer, or sign-in remotely to NRC on your mobile device.
- At the bottom of the page select the “NRC Plus Mobile App Access” link and enter your email address (one that can be accessed from your mobile device). An authentication email will be sent to you.
- View the NRC email on your device and use the links within to download the app from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
- Once you have the app downloaded, view the email again to tap on the authentication key. Note: The activation link will expire in 48 hrs.
- Before you begin using the app, you will be be asked to download the latest content update. This process can take from 5 to 30 minutes, and depending on your data connection and/or data plan, you may wish to delay content download until you are on a Wifi network.