Answered By: KRS Archive Last Updated: May 02, 2017 Views: 1096
A literature search is the methodical investigation of formally or informally published sources of information about a particular topic or question. A KRS Team Member provides a comprehensive list of literature with no analysis or summarization and can include the search strategy as part of the final product.
After you request a literature search:
- Within two business days, you will be contacted by a KRS team member who will be working on your search. If your search request is for urgent patient care, a KRS searcher will contact you the same business day.
- Every literature search request is unique. Once assigned to your request, your KRS searcher will review the details of your request to determine the type of literature search requested, what further information is needed to complete the request and/or request clarifications around your needs and expectations.
Additional factors that may need to be reviewed include:
- the level of detail provided in your request
- the deadline you have provided
- the nature, scope and complexity or your search topic
- the potential variety of sources of information to be searched to meet your needs
- how you would like the literature search results organized
- how the results will be used
- and possible overlaps and linkages with other work already underway or completed in AHS.
- Your literature search will be provided to you using KRS standard literature search summary and literature search results templates or in another format should you choose to negotiate a more tailored product to meet your needs.
The standard literature search summary in the reply will contain:
- Resources consulted in completing the search
- Limits imposed, such as date ranges
- Information about the search strategy used
- Other details relevant to your specific search
Standard literature search results will include:
- Full citations for all references included
- Article abstracts where available
- Links to articles where full text is available
- Your KRS searcher will follow up with you upon completion of the search, to see if further or different work is required and to provide you with an opportunity to provide feedback on the completed search.