Answered By: KRS Archive Last Updated: Jun 13, 2017 Views: 2554
You can now access DynaMed's valuable, evidence-based content anywhere with the new DynaMed mobile app. The new app has been completely redesigned to make it easier and faster for staff to find answers to clinical questions.
- Download the free DynaMed app from the iTunes or Google Play app store.
- Access DynaMed from an AHS computer.
- Within Dynamed, click on the "Mobile" link located at the top of the page within the blue header and enter your email address (one that can be accessed from your mobile device). An authentication email will be sent to you.
- Open the DynaMed email from your device.
- Within 48 hours, tap on the underlined authentication key link in the email to authenticate the app.
Note: after 48 hours, you will need to request a new authentication email.
- Before you begin using your app, you will be asked to download the latest content updates. This process can take from 5 to 30 minutes, and depending upon your data connection and/or data plan you may wish to delay content download until you are on a wifi network.
The DynaMed app is a complimentary part of our DynaMed subscription. This allows AHS staff to access to DynaMed on their iPhones, iPads and Android devices for no extra charge. The app has also been designed for easy, one-time authentication via email, making the process as convenient as possible.
Q. What are the mobile device requirements for the DynaMed app?
The DynaMed App for Apple iOS devices requires:
- Any iPhone® or iPad® or iPod touch® running iOS 7.0 or higher
- Requires at least 500MB of memory
The DynaMed App for Android devices requires:
- Any Android device running Android 2.4 or higher
- Requires at least 500MB of memory
Q. Can I install the DynaMed app on multiple devices?
Yes. When you email yourself an authentication link from within DynaMed, you can use that link to authenticate the app on up to three devices. If you would like to authenticate more than three devices, send yourself another authentication link from within DynaMed for the additional devices.
Note: Open the email from the mobile device you wish to authenticate and tap the authentication link to authenticate the app.
Q. Can I use the DynaMed app offline?
After installing the app and downloading the DynaMed content, the app can be used offline without a wireless signal. A wireless signal is required to perform updates to the DynaMed content when updates become available.
Q. Do I have to uninstall the Skyscape or Omnio apps before I install the new DynaMed app?
No. If you were using the Skyscape or Omnio apps to access DynaMed on your mobile device, you do not have to uninstall those apps to download/use the newDynaMed app. However, those apps will no longer be updated with the latest DynaMed content, so it is recommended that you install the new DynaMed app.
Using the NEW Dynamed App:
Q. How do I search the app for DynaMed topics?
To search the DynaMed app, tap the Filter List box in the Index and begin typing your terms. As you type, topics matching your terms appear. Tap a name to view the DynaMed topic.
To return to the Index at any time, tap the Index icon .
Q. How do I view the sections of a DynaMed topic?
When viewing a DynaMed topic, you can select to view individual sections of the topic (Update info, General Information, Uses and Efficacy, etc.) by tapping the menu icon in the upper left of the screen and tapping a section name from the list.
Q. How do I share a DynaMed topic from the app?
You can e-mail or print a DynaMed topic by tapping the share icon - (iOS) or (Android). Then tap Print or E-mail. Your device's e-mail application opens a new email with the topic attached as a file.
Q. How do I leave a note on a DynaMed topic?
To leave a note on a DynaMed topic for your own reference at a later time, tap the Note icon - (iOS) or (Android). Enter your note text and tap Save. When you have notes saved in the DynaMed app, the Note icon displays lines ( or ) to highlight that notes are available.
Q. How do I save a DynaMed topic to my favorites?
To save a DynaMed topic to your favorites, tap the Favorite icon . You can view your favorites at any time by tapping the Favorites icon at the top of the screen.
Q. How do I check for updates the DynaMed Mobile app?
When updates to DynaMed content are available, you are notified on Updates bottom of the app. Tap Updates and tap the updates to install.
You can also check for Updates by tapping Check for Updates. If updates are available, they are displayed in the list.